8/01/2007

Humour me, people.

Do I just have a gigantic head, or have other people had to make hats bigger than the pattern says?
I've been following a pattern for nearly 6 mo, and to no avail have I had it fit.
BUT! My gauge matches irregardless of the fact that I had to jump up a size to get it, and I did it in 90 sts around, as well as 108 sts around.
With the 90sts, it was a beenie, which when you do actually have a big head, is not good.
The second time I make it with 108 sts around, it looked like it should fit someone whom suffers from gigantisism.(Big feet, big hands, big heads, ECT.)
WTF!!!!!!!!!! This is bull! If I wasn't poor i'd just go up ANOTHER size and follow the origional 90sts, but I -cannot- afford more circs or DPN's, never the less, I have -never- seen size 9 double knitting needles in a pack of 5.

You see, the first ever reason that I was going to make a hat, was that last year during the victorian stroll, it was cold. And I don't own any winter hats, nor have I for at least the last seven years, and I never had a hat because I think I look dorky in them - granted having a gigantic head does not help. I've been thinking about taking the yarn that Pounce used for my scarf to make the hat - the yarn I have is shot from being ripped and knitted over and over again.

GAAAAAAGH!!!

1 comment:

Mistress Pounce said...

If you need the yarn, go ahead... you'll have a matching set. But I will warn you- it's not the easiest stuff in the world to work with. It's not *too* bad, but it's not redheart ;-)