7/03/2007

Grr.

So, I got six 3oz balls of lion brand suede in wine(For 6 dollars), I -had- planned on making a scarf with it, but its a FUCKING BITCH to work with. At least with knitting, I renember using something similar to it for Davinya's black chenille scarf, and I don't renember it being such a PAIN IN THE ASS.
I'm hoping as I get farther along in knitting it that it will be easier to use - but I haven't even gotten off of the cast-on yet.(That should tell Vin and pounce quite a bit. I usually refuse to leave something on it's cast-on. OCD much?)
I also cranked up the needle size, hoping that would make it a bit eisier, but nope.(It has a reccommended size 9, with 12sts to the inch, i'm using size 11, no idea on the gauge yet.)
So...Yeah. The hat must have has an inch of ribbing done(out of 4 inches. Then 4 inches of straight stockinette, then dec's every 18th st, still in stockinette, until there's nothing left to dec.), my big stockings still have 3 rounds of black ribbing(finished the black, 7/5/07), 10 rnds of purple ribbing, 20 rnds of stockinette, ect, ect, ect. The little stocking has 2 more stripes before calf shaping is started, then I do 40 rnds of plain stockinette, and start working on the short-row heel, 10(15?20? I have to check the big pattern.) rnds plain stockinette then work on an alternate toe to the stockings, because I hate seams against my toes.(With a passion, and so does pretty much everyone else in my family :P.)

No comments: